Playing Time for Travel Players
- Every Travel player should receive, as minimum playing time, half the minutes available in the first 3/4s of the game. For example, a 2 x 14 minute running time game would calculate to 10.5 minutes per 28 minute game. The remaining time is distributed at the coach’s discretion.
- For 5th grade and younger travel teams, players should receive equal playing time for games through January 1st, as the team forms and the coaches get to know the players.
- If a player is shorted playing time in a game, the coach should look for opportunities to make up for the shorted time as soon as possible.
- A travel coach may, at their discretion, restrict playing time in the event that a player cannot or does not meet reasonable requirements for attending and participating in practices. This restriction should be communicated to players prior to the game.
- A parent may request a reduction in minimum playing time to benefit or meet the needs of their child. This decision is revocable by the parent.
Click the delete icon again to confirm. Click escape to cancel.